An All-Encompassing Guide to Change Linksys Router Password
Nowadays, no wireless network is secure. Not even yours. This calls for help. By ‘help’ we mean, you need to aid yourself by changing the password of your Linksys router in order to safeguard its network from unauthorized users. In case you are not sure about the process to change Linksys router password, consider going through this post.
How to Change Linksys Router Password?
Turn On Your Linksys Router
- Plug your Linksys wireless router into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the power LED become solid green.
Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your Linksys wireless router and another to the existing modem.
- You can also use a wireless source to create a connection between your devices.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser and ensure that it is running on its updated version.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the official login page of your Linksys router.
Perform Linksys Router Login
- Enter the default admin username and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will get directed to the main dashboard of your Linksys wireless router.
Change Linksys Router Password
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Click the Wireless tab.
- Select the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- Under the Passphrase field, enter the password your want the network of your Linksys wireless router to have.
- Click the Save Settings button to make your changes effective.
In about a minute or two, you will successfully be able to change Linksys router password. On the off chance, you are not able to climb the ladder of success, follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Cannot Change Linksys Router Password?
I. Verify the Ethernet Connection
If the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys wireless router and the existing modem is worn out or damaged, consider getting it replaced with a new one. Also, ensure that the connection between your devices is not loose.
II. Enter the Correct IP Address
You need to make use of the correct IP address in order to successfully change Linksys router password. Thus, if you made the mistake of entering the wrong IP address in the address bar of your internet browser, consider rectifying it.
III. Use the Correct Login Credentials
Avoid using the incorrect admin username and password to log in to your Linksys wireless router. If you are not certain regarding the default admin details of your device, consider taking some help from the user manual.
IV. Avoid Signal Interference
Make sure that your Linksys wireless router as well as the existing modem is placed away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminium studs, corners, and concrete walls.
V. Perform Linksys Firmware Update
An outdated firmware can also stop you from changing Linksys router password. Therefore, make sure that the firmware of your device is running on an updated version. You can update your device using the Manual method or Linksys app.
Once you are done following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to change Linksys router password. On the off chance, you are still not able to; your last resort is to get in touch with our technical experts. They don’t care at what time you ping them, they are always on the ball to help out users struggling with router-related issues.
Read More:- Linksys router ip not working issue