The Ultimate Guide to Perform Linksys Extender Setup
Linksys is one of the leading manufacturers of wireless range extenders. If you have WiFi signal strength issues at home, you should consider configuring a Linksys wireless range extender. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more! Simply follow the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Linksys extender setup.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup Manually?
Given below are the instructions that you need to go through in order to perform Linksys WiFi extender setup using the Manual method:
- First of all, unbox your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Plug the Linksys extender into a wall socket and power it on.
Note: Make sure that the wall outlet into which your device is plugged is in good condition.
- Wait for the power LED to become green.
Note: If the power LED on your device does not turn green, then consider rebooting it, and perform Linksys extender setup from the start.
- Create a connection between your Linksys extender and your home router. You can connect your devices using a wireless source as well as an Ethernet cable.
- Once a strong connection between your extender and the router has been established, switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser on your system.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type extender.linksys.com. You can also use the default IP address to log in to your Linksys extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- Next, type the network name of your existing extender into the given field.
- Select the Manual option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete performing Linksys extender setup.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to configure a Linksys wireless range extender. Although, setting up a range extender isn’t a big deal, however, many users face technical issues while doing so. To avoid getting stuck into the same mess, it is recommended that you keep the following things in mind while setting up your device.
Things to Keep in Mind during Linksys Extender Setup
- Make sure that your Linksys wireless range extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the wall outlet.
- Do not plug your Linksys extender into a damaged wall outlet.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your extender and home router, then make sure that it is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Whether you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other web browser, make sure that it is running on an updated version.
- Ensure that you type the correct web address in the address bar of your internet browser. Avoid typos. If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Linksys WiFi extender, then either refer to the user manual or get in touch with our well-versed technicians.
- Do not place your Linksys extender near things like mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, etc.
- Avoid placing your wireless extender in corners or near thick concrete walls.
Hopefully, these tips will help you avoid unnecessary Linksys extender setup issues.
In the Nutshell
Our guide to perform Linksys extender setup manually has come to an end here. We hope that after following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post, you’ll easily be able to set up your device. Now, you are free to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection in every corner of your home.
For any further doubts or queries, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. They are always available to assist you.
Read More:- Linksys Router Red Light Issue