Full Guide to Troubleshoot Linksys Router Amber Light Issue
Are you struggling with the Linksys router amber light issue? Well, that might due to a number of reasons. Some of them have been outlined below:
- Your Linksys wireless router is not receiving an adequate power supply.
- The connection between your WiFi devices is unsteady.
- WiFi interference and technical glitches can also cause the amber light issue.
- You haven’t updated the firmware of your Linksys wireless router.
- The gap between your Linksys router and the existing modem is immense.
Now that you are well aware of the reasons behind the Linksys router amber light issue, follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below to get rid of it.
Troubleshooting Linksys Router Amber Light Issue
Reboot Your Linksys Router
As mentioned above, technical glitches are one of the major reasons why you are stuck with the Linksys router amber light issue. To eliminate these glitches, consider rebooting your wireless device.
In order to reboot your router, unplug it from its wall socket, wait for a couple of seconds, and plug it back into its wall socket. Once you are done rebooting your device, check whether the Linksys router amber light issue persists. If it does, take the help of the next troubleshooting hack.
Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys wireless router and the existing modem. If it isn’t in a good condition, consider replacing it with a brand new one.
In case you do not find this option suitable, then connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
Too much distance between your Linksys wireless router and the existing modem can make it difficult for them to communicate properly.
Therefore, unplug your router from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plug it into the one located near the existing modem.
Avoid Signal Interference
If you have placed your Linksys wireless router near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, concrete walls, and utensils containing water, change its location right away.
Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Linksys wireless router can also help you to get rid of the Linksys router amber light issue. Thus, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your device:
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- In the address field of the browser, fill in the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- On the Linksys router login page, enter the default login credentials.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once you are on the Linksys router setup wizard, hit Settings.
- Click Administration.
- Select the Firmware Upgrade button.
In a couple of seconds, the firmware of your Linksys WiFi router will get updated.
Reset Your Linksys Router
Are you still going nuts because of the Linksys router amber light issue? In that case, you’re left with no other option than to restore your device to the default mode:
Here is how you can restore your home router to the factory default settings:
- Locate the Reset button on your Linksys wireless router.
- Take an oil pin.
- Press the Reset button carefully with the help of this oil pin.
- Wait for a few seconds.
Once you have finished resetting your Linksys wireless router, reconfigure it.
Our post on how to troubleshoot the Linksys router amber light issue has concluded here. If even after walking the hacks mentioned above, you are not able to stop the LED on your device from blinking amber, get in touch with our technical experts.
Read More:- Linksys RE6300 Setup